- Cannot get IIS pickup directory
- PayPal cpp_header_image vs cpp_logo_image vs image_url
- Modifying Exif Information Using ASP.NET
- sqldatasource throwing null reference exception
- Formatting ADO GetString
- Integrate PHPBB With PayPal Subscriptions
- Integrate A Website With Sage50
- Classic ASP Web Development
- url rewrite rule converter
- Error BC30002 usercontrol not defined
- paypal discount_rate_cart not being applied
- kindle screen test
- accessdatasource converting empty strings to null values
- paypal ipn returns invalid
- cannot manually edit applicationhost.config
- must declare the scalar variable
- classic asp and access not working on windows 2008 64bit
- asp.net page titles are blank
- sql to get totals for last six months
- white space being counted as a node
- cross page posting not working
- collection is read only exception
- PayPal sending incorrect carrier information
- paypal guest user notice
- classic asp dictionary not working
- IE8 not supporting innerHTML
- differences between jet and odbc
- sugarcrm not inserting email
- select random records from access
- button click event firing twice
- how to send an email using cdosys
- installing perl on win2003 64 bit
- asp.net page event order
- rewrite rule for subdomains only
- IE7 margin auto not working
- IE7 border style dotted glitch
- ByRef and ByVal in vbscript
- weather rss feed
- Classic asp crib sheet
- Firefox onsubmit image change
- limit records in access
- AccessDataSource is thick
- double margins in IE6
- extra image padding in html emails
- decimal places in linux flash player
- broken emails in outlook 2007
- double spaced IE list items
- cannot remove movieclip
installing perl on win2003 64 bit
I recently tried installing the 32bit version of Perl 220.127.116.116 on a windows 2003 64 bit server so that we could put awstats on one of the sites running on that box.
The Perl installer wizard ran all the way through without any apparent hitch, so I downloaded awstats and configured that correctly, then ran the command line update to process the first set of log files.
So far so good.
Then i went to look at the awstats.pl through a browser.....404.
Went into IIS, no web service extension had been added for perl, and in the configuration for the website itself there was no script mapping for .pl files. Checked the environment variable for the server itself and perl was missing from that even though the installer had been told to add them.
So the installer thought it had done it, but actually it hadn't.
I tried manually adding the webservice extension and the script mapping, but to no avail - I was pretty sure i had done it right as i copied everything from another server on which Perl was working. But still nothing.
Only one course of action remained, uninstall and start again.
This time i opted for the 64bit version of Perl 18.104.22.1685 (i.e. the most current release at the time of writing).
Ran the installer, and still no joy, so either there is something wrong with the installer and iis6 or having the previous version of perl on the machine then removing it intefered somehow. This time the environment variables had been set up, and the cgi web service extension had been created (though it need allowing). But the ISAPI web service extension hadn't been created, and nor had the .pl file association. I therefore created the ISAPI extension and allowed it and then manually added the .pl file extension to the website that need to run awstats.
Incidentally, the .pl file extension had been added to the generic website properties, but not to the specific website that we wanted to put awstats on.
The short answer to installing Perl 22.214.171.1245 on windows server 2003 standard 64 edition (in our case) was:
- Run the installer
- Manually create the ISAPI extension (which meant adding C:\Perl64\bin\perl510.dll)
- Manually create the Perl application extension for the website in question (which meant adding C:\Perl64\bin\perl.exe "%s" %s, limited to GET,HEAD, POST )